It’s official. Summer is over and fall has finally begun. I’ll be honest. Fall is one of my favorite seasons (aside from winter). There is just something about the crispness to the air, the coziness of sweaters and blankets, and the warm, rich hues of autumn leaves that really puts my soul at rest. I also love school, so the fact that it is starting up again after a long summer always excites me.
1) Curl up in a cozy blanket and read a book. Nearby window and sound of rain optional.
2) Redecorate the house. Emphasize warm, spicy, fall colors and upping the “cozy” factor.
3) Take the dog for an autumn scented walk.
4) Sit in the Adoration chapel and pray. Candle light, darkness and the clicking hum of a baseboard heater preferred.
5) Buy a pair of rubber rain boots and a yellow rain jacket. I think I can safely credit “Madeline” for my ardent love of yellow rain coats.
6) Host a “Harry Potter” movie marathon party. Costumes, butterbeer, pumpkin bread and Bertie Botts required.
7) Rake up a pile of leaves. Jump in them. Then throw them at your friends/boyfriend/husband. Laugh a lot.
8) Drink lots of tea.
9) And hot cocoa. Lots and lots of hot cocoa.
10) Add a few more sweaters to my sweater collection. And then wear them. All the time.
11) Refinish and stain our coffee table.
12) Bring out the sewing machine. Make some hair bows, simple skirts, and Brian and my Halloween costumes.
13) Get a few pairs of cozy/fun patterned tights.
14) Splash in puddles.
15) Go on a twilight drive. Destination not required.
What’s on your Fall bucket list? Let me know in the comment section below!