Last quarter was crazy. I barely slept, had a full schedule of difficult classes, lots of homework, long work hours … and morning sickness.
Needless to say, I didn’t post a lot. Okay, I didn’t post at all. With all the crazies going on, I was barely keeping it together getting my homework in, let alone thinking about this blog, or my book, or anything else. This quarter I’m starting to feel a lot less sick, however, and my classes are going to be relatively low-key, so I’m going to try my very best to get back on top of everything.
The fun thing is that we found out about the pregnancy on Brian’s birthday, and we are finding out the gender tomorrow on mine. No one but God could have possibly planned that one out, right? I’m so excited, but a little nervous too. That’s normal I suppose.
The baby is due on September 16. That puts me at just 19 weeks and one day as of right now. We will be graduating from EWU on June 17, me with a bachelor’s degree in journalism and Brian with a bachelor’s in Spanish. Then we will be moving back to the Tri-Cities for a little while where Brian is hoping to get a job and I am hoping to pick up enough freelance work to make up the difference. What a crazy few months!
In case anyone is interested, here are a few of my pregnancy stats:
- Grapes with water on them. Like they have to still be wet after you rinse them off. And only white grapes.
- Italian Sodas. Because the carbonation helps my stomach when it’s upset and they aren’t too sweet.
- Fruit. All of it.
- Orange juice.
- Water with ice in it. I may or may not have put water and ice cubes in a blender the other day…
- Tomatoes. This is a weird one only because I absolutely hate tomatoes.
- Shrimp. I can’t stand the smell. I can’t stand the texture. I can’t even stand to look at it. There’s a huge bag of frozen shrimp in the back of out freezer. It hasn’t been touched since January.
- Sweet things. Some sweet things I can handle, the ones that don’t taste too sweet, or are mint flavored (for some reason the mint make it taste less sugary). But frappuccinos with that thick, syrupy flavoring in them? Nope. I can’t even look at those unicorn things. Milkshakes? Double nope. Those sugar cookies you get for Easter with the tons of frosting on them? Yuck.
- A lot of random things that I just take a bite of or get a whiff of. The aversions are calming down a lot from first trimester (read, I couldn’t eat anything), but every now and then I’ll try to eat something and I Just. Can’t. Do. It.
- Did you know that pregnancy can cause temporary allergies? Me neither! Apparently I’m allergic to apples now. My lips blister and the skin on the roof of my mouth starts peeling and my throat gets itchy. Pregnancy induced allergies are supposed to go away after you give birth. I really hope so, because I love, love, love apples!
Overall, this journey has been lots of fun, if not quite what I expected (it never is, is it?). I’ll keep you updated with any new news or fun facts!